This idea came from Technique Junkies called “Popped Embossing Tutorial“.
I changed it “just a little” 🙂
STAMP SET: Short & Sweet, En Francais
INK: Chocolate Chip
WATER COLOUR PENCILS: Three shades of Pink
PAPER: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
EMBOSSING FOLDER: Manhattan Flower
EXTRAS: Big Shot, Aqua Pen, Dotto
Chocolate Chip (Base): layer 3 3/8″ x 3 7/8″
Whisper White: 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; 3″ x 3 1/2″
Pretty Pink: 4″ x 5″
- Using Dotto, centre Whisper White onto the Pretty in Pink Layer
- Place together into the embossing folder and put through the Big Shot. (Don’t worry about the line when you separate the two pieces – it will be covered by the Chocolate Chip)
- COLOURING THE ROSE: Using the pencils and the aqua pen, colour the rose but not the embossed lines of the rose. Leave them white. I like to ‘pick’ the colour from the pencil nib using the aqua pen. I find that I have more control of the colour that way. Do not have too much water flow.
- Let dry (or use the heat gun)
- Flatten the embossing by inserting it through the Big Shot. Same sandwich that was used to emboss BUT with lay the piece ON TOP of the embossing folder!
- Stamp with En Francais, using Chocolate Chip Ink
- I wanted the rose to have the embossed white lines again (not flattened) so I put the rose back into the embossing folder making sure that the lines matched.
The “look” after re-embossing
See how the coloured rose is matched with the pink layer. See – no line!! The Chocolate Chip layer had hidden the line! (This is the first card that I did – hence the embossed lines on the rose are coloured. You might like this look better?)